…to the homepage of the Greater Nogales and Santa Cruz County Port Authority (GNSCCPA)—or the Port Authority, for short.
Comprised of members from local industries, Santa Cruz County, and the City of Nogales, the Port Authority—a 501(c) (6) non-profit organization formed in December 2004—is working to obtain state and federal support in an effort to meet our three main objectives:
• improve local port facilities
• streamline the crossing process at the border
• enhance economic development in the Santa Cruz County region
In partnership with public and private sectors, the strategic mission of the Port Authority is to strengthen the regional economy, improve international trade and spur tourism and community development by making the international ports of entry and surrounding areas the most efficient and effective for generations to come.
Core strategies are overall priorities or direction that articulates an organizationís future direction and describes how and where it will focus its resources in the future. The Port Authority identified the following core strategies as the bases for its five-year plan:
- Improve the key ports of entry in all aspects so that they function as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Recognizing that the Ports of Entry are key to the regionís economy, act as a strong advocate and champion for nurturing, growing and promoting economic development opportunities and enhancing the quality of life in the region.
- Improve the Port Authorityís visibility and broaden the understanding of what we do and the impact on the region.
- Build the capacity to support the communityís vision for the Port Authority and move the goals and objectives forward.
Goals and Objectives
Goals are outcome statements that define what an organization is trying to accomplish both programmatically and organizationally. Objectives are the measurable, time-phased results that support the achievement of the goal. The mission statement answers the big questions about why an organization exists and how it seeks to benefit the community, however the goals and longer-term objectives are an organizationís plan of action and describes what the organization intends to do over the next few years. Using the feedback shared at the public meetings along with input from Ex-officio members and industry partners, the Port Authorityís Board of Directors has identified the following goals and objectives for the five-year period from 2009 to 2013.